In this section, we will display the publically communicated results from the Exilva Project. The results are presented according to the set timelines of the project. The results are also linked to the expected impact generated. The expected impacts of the Exilva project are as follows:
- Maintain the competitiveness in transformation of forest raw materials to high added value cellulose.
- Generate activity, including production, QA/QC, Sales and Marketing, R&D, and logistics, creating new value internally.
- Create direct jobs (estimates are about 57 FTE by 2020 according to the P&L)
- Create value of the cellulose feedstock, create innovation opportunities for the end products, and securing the continuation of these industries in Europe.
- Exhibit a significantly lower carbon footprint than the competing existing technologies
Exilva is Borregaard’s innovative new product within the field of Microfibrillar / Microfibrillated Cellulose (MFC). Exilva demonstrates high efficacy and robustness in harsh environments and its multifunctional characteristics make it suitable for a wide range of products and industries, and creating exciting opportunities for product development.
Exilva not only offers superior performance in rheology modification, but also control of dry-out time, increased stability, improved barriers, and enhanced uptake of active ingredients. Its pseudoplastic (non-newtonian) performance makes it ideally suited to products where strict demands are made to spray quality and Exilva is particularly suited when low viscosity at high shear and/or rapid recovery of viscosity is required. Read more about what Exilva can do for your products or industry. Exilva dispersion guide is available here.